Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Lion Lessons Freebie


Yesterday was the first day of spring, so I thought I would read a fun new-to-me book to my kindergarten and firsties about lions.


We read Lion Lessons by Jon Agee.  I received this book (and a few other books) free a couple of weeks ago from my Perma-Bound rep when he came to meet with me.  Have I mentioned how much I love Perma-Bound?



After reading the book, we discussed how spring comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. We talked about what a lion does, how it acts.  I showed them  a video I found on THIS link from National Geographic Kids.  We compared the lion in the video to the lion in the story.  They also enjoyed looking at the gallery of lion pictures on this page.



We also reviewed the story, mentioning how the story is make believe because real lions don't talk or wear clothes.  We talked about the different settings the lion and boy go to throughout the story and we reviewed the steps for becoming a lion.  


Students then went to their tables to complete THIS review sheet.  You can download your own copy to use from my Google Drive.  Just click HERE and then click the download button in the top right hand corner of your screen and save the file.

Do you have any books you love to read for spring?


*I'm an affiliate for things I've bought or used personally.  If you click through any referral links (if included), at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase.  Thank you for your support in this way.



2 comments:

  1. Ordered the book today. Thanks for sharing. I may make it a unit--including a nonfiction lion book, and practice looking up information on Lions using worldbook online and facts to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. My daughter just got this book about a month ago. Its great to have these resources now!

    ReplyDelete