Sunday, February 2, 2014

Colds, Laryngitis, and Snow

Surprise!  I have not disappeared from the face of the earth, although I might have liked to a few times in the last few weeks.  It has been one hurdle after another it seems.


First I got one bugger of a cold which knocked me out for about 5 days.  I went back to work for 2 days and then lost my voice and about fainted halfway through the day. 



I stayed home for another 1 1/2 days to recuperate; came back to school for a day and then it snowed/iced us out for another 4 days.  I live about 45 minutes southwest of Atlanta, so you may have heard about the awful weather we had near that area and the traffic mess it caused. While it wasn't nearly as bad where I lived as far as traffic goes, the roads were very icy and we were basically stuck inside until Saturday when temps got up to 60 and melted most of it.  



And while I probably should have been catching up on messed up lesson plans and long over due blog posts, I took advantage of those days to rest. I don't want to relapse because I have to use my sick days sparingly for the rest of the year.  So I hope you will forgive my absence from The Book Bug.

I have some great blog posts planned out for the next few weeks, so if you can bare with me for a few more days, there should be some great reading coming your way.

As always, thanks for being a loyal follower.




No comments:

Post a Comment